Waxing is the quickest and most effective method of hair removal and can be carried out in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
I use Perron Rigot products because they are high quality products and I stock both warm wax (also known as strip wax) for legs and hot wax (also known as non strip wax) for the more delicate facial areas and for intimate waxing.
If you are new to waxing treatments you may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 waxes to achieve a silky smooth finish and get the hair into the correct growth cycle. To maintain your smooth appearance I would recommend regular waxing every 4 to 6 weeks. Please do not shave or pluck between your appointments.
I sell special Japanese style exfoliating wash cloths called A Bit Of Rough, they are fantastic at exfoliating gently to help keep you spot free & eliminate ingrown hairs, use it before & after your waxing treatments. Using anything too rough can actually cause ingrown hairs. These wash cloths are long enough to use to exfoliate your back too (and we all know how hard it can be to reach your own back for a thorough exfoliation). If you would like to buy one just let me know & I'll bring one to your appointment.
A Bit of Rough Cloths are £9 each.
Waxing may not be suitable if you have:
Waxing would not be suitable for you if you suffer with:
If you are on prescribed medication please check with your doctor or pharmacist before booking a waxing appointment.
- Wear loose clothing to avoid rubbing the freshly waxed area
- Avoid hot showers/baths, Jacuzzi, steam rooms and saunas for at least 24 hours as the skin will be more sensitive
- Refrain from applying make-up, perfumed products and deodorant/antiperspirant to the waxed area for 24 hours
- Avoid sunbeds, sunbathing and any artificial tanning for 24/48 hours
- Avoid chlorinated swimming pools for 24 hours
- Gently exfoliate and moisturise regularly to help keep the skin smooth and prevent in-growing hairs
- It is common to experience slight soreness or pimple like skin after waxing, these should subside within 48 hours
- If you experience any spots or rashes lasting more than a week after your wax, please see your doctor
- If you have any concerns following your waxing please contact me