How to prepare for a spray tan
- Exfoliate to remove all dead skin cells and body oils the night before tanning to help lengthen the life of the tan (2 consecutive nights of exfoliation for best results).
- Wax at least 24 hours prior to tanning to avoid spots remaining after the tan has faded.
- Shave at least 24 hours before tanning. The residue left on the skin after shaving with a razor will cause streaks in the tan.
- Allow a minimum of 30 minutes after a bath or shower for the skins PH level to return to neutral for the best tanning results.
- Avoid wearing make-up and moisturiser on the day of tanning as it can act as a barrier and either prevent the tan taking or reduce the finished colour achieved.
- Refrain from eyelash tinting 24 hours before and after tanning (as the colour of the tint may be affected).
- Wear loose dark underwear and clothing as the solution may stain clothes and tight clothing may rub off the solution during development and affect the finished result.
- Be aware that some deodorants and perfume contain a chemical that turns the ‘guide colour’ green this washes off with the guide colour and does not affect the developed tan.
- Remove all jewellery.
- Place a small amount of barrier cream on your palms, and ask you to apply it to your heels, elbows, knees, fingernails and toenails.
- Fit a disposable cap ensuring the hair is covered but ears are visible.
- Provide you with a disposable thong if you don't wish to wear your own underwear.