How to look after your tan
- Try not to touch the tan before washing off the guide colour (to avoid transferring the solution to the palms and affecting the development of the solution).
- Wear loose dark clothing after your tan and avoid wetting the skin until wash off time.
- Do not do heavy exercise until the guide colour is washed off. Sweat will make your tan develop unevenly and you may get streaks or uneven patches.
- To preserve your tan, pat your skin dry after a bath or shower, you should avoid scrubbing your skin with anything rough like a loufa, and don't use any exfoliating facial or body scrubs until your tan is totally faded or you are ready to prepare for your next spray tan.
- Avoid excessive soaking in the bath or sauna (as the tanned layer of skin may soak off and leave you looking patchy).
- Moisturise daily to extend the life of the tan (use an oil free moisturiser).
- Avoid products containing oils.
- Frequent use of hot tubs or chlorinated swimming pools will diminish your tan sooner
- Spray tan does not contain any SPF so you need to apply the correct sun-cream like you would usually if you intend to go out in the sun.